Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Nails

Hello!

I know I am simply a lowly American but I was still pretty interested in the Royal Wedding today. I did not however get up at 3 or 4 AM to watch it but as I am typing this, Amanda and I are watching the recap of the wedding on TLC. I thought it was lovely! William and Kate were so cute, and its so obvious how much they are in love, its very sweet. The dress, IMO, was just okay. I know *gasp* because everyone is praising it to no end but for me, it was very simple and understated. I do love the lace sleeves and the tiara but it was too simple for my taste! =P So that's my 2 cents on it, I hope its not too insulting to anyone British and I'm not out of place!

I've wanted to do a union jack (I don't know if that's supposed to be capitalized...) on my nails for a while now so I figured today would be a good to do it.

For my union jack, I used my navy creme from Fashion Bug called Dark Denim for the blue base, SH XW White On and SH XW Cherry Red with a striping brush for the white and red stripes. I topped off with Seche Vite. I am very proud of how these came out! They are by no means perfect and macro shows off all my minor flaws but I love them anyway, they look great, if I do say so myself!!

Please ignore any minor chips, I took a shower and they chipped!! :( Also, ignore the red smears, crooked lines and imperfections!!




Thumb detail, I think either this one or my middle nail came out the best!



I hope you guys liked them, especially anyone British and I hope I did justice to your flag!

Oh and *fingers crossed and knock on wood* hopefully our Zoyas will come in the mail today!! *squeal* I AM SO FREAKIN EXCITED!! Although I am sad because our order got messed up and now I am apparently not getting Rica... :( Oh well! If they do come this afternoon expect a VERY excited post from me with bottle pics galore, Zoya skittles and a pedi!! AHHH! I'm gonna go crazy when they come!!

Enjoy your Friday and thanks for looking!

Fiona

2 comments:

  1. I didn't notice this among all the other posts on Friday! Props to trying this! I'm still too scared and impatient for nail art. Ahhh! Have you tried Konad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No, I want to try stamping though! Plates and supplies are on my birthday wishlist so hopefully I will get to soon!!
    I think nail art is fun and rewarding even if it isn't perfect! The time it takes is worth it! You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!