Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blue-Away

Hello!

I know its really late (or really early I guess) but I'm up doing my laundry (Amanda too) since the residence hall laundry room is significantly less busy during the wee hours of the morning and I need some clean clothes for our Walmart run tomorrow. :) 

I loved the April Fool's jokes floating around on blogs today, especially Zoya's prank as well as Scrangie's and The Daily Nail's... too funny!! Unfortunately, another prank (?) that happened to us today wasn't so funny. Our entire residence hall, especially the elevator and the bathrooms all smelled horrible, like someone had sprayed something or introduced something into the air vents; the only way I can describe it is a overly perfumed berry smell mixed with rotting meat and fish. IT IS TERRIBLE!! And the RA still doesn't know where its coming from, so we've had to use the horribly smelling bathroom and elevator all day. Hahaha... not. The worst part is that the smell gives me a migraine and makes my nose and head ache every time I smell it. Not cool. :(

So yeah, that was my day. It was also a very unlucky one too, things kept going wrong. Anyway... onto the nails. This is another new (?) Sally Hansen Insta-Dry (at least I've never seen it before) that Amanda picked up at Rite Aid... yeah, I totally stole it and am now swatching it. Hee hee hee. Its called Blue-Away which is clearly another recycled name from yet another polish I own called Blue Me Away!! Different shades with almost the same name! Shame on you, Sally Hansen!

This is an absolutely GORGEOUS pale blue... this may be my favorite color that I've swatched (and its not even mine... I need my own bottle!!) It has such a nice formula... opaque in ONE COAT but I used 2 for the pictures due to mild streaking, but I think that was my own fault and it was only on a few nails. Its so rich and creamy and pigmented and I really do love that brush! It really did "insta dry" and I wore it for almost 3 days (a record... I love this color so much) with mild chipping!

Anyway, the color, oh the color! Its what I've been searching for, tried to franken and been lusting over. I think it looks amazing with my skin, no lobster hands! Its the color of a perfectly blue sky, bright and pastel at the same time. I wish I had the Bundle Monster plate to stamp the cloud pattern in white over this! I am also planning a pedicure in this color with white polka dots to go with my new shoes! I am in love with the color!! If I haven't made that clear already...

Okay, okay, I know, show us the pictures already!! Here is this beauty at 2 coats with the SH top coat... lighting will be indicated below.

Indoor lighting with flash... sorry about the poor cleanup job and dry skin/cuticles... this looks a little too pastel here and has turned my fingers red which it didn't IRL!



It looks too dusty here but its closer! Natural light with no flash.



Color on my pinkie is accurate... again natural light with no flash.


This is accurate but grainy... natural light, no flash. And I have no idea what the little hole is on my middle nail is... its not a dent, it was smooth and only showed up in these macro pictures...


Indoor with flash... too light but I liked the angle... I have such a hard time narrowing down just a few pictures to post... in case you haven't been able to tell... :)


I think this is the best picture... color wise, my skin looks gross here!! And my index nail is weirdly shaped from this angle... I filed it down today.


What do you think of this color? Do you love it as much as I do?

Hope you have a great day/night and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!