Saturday, April 9, 2011

Parlez- Vous Francais?

So it seems that my latest nail trend this week has been the funky French since I did two different ones this week. I guess that I wanted something that was different from what I usually do. Here are my two Frenches I did:




For this French, I used Wet n Wild Saved By the Blue for the base coat (2 coats) with 2 coats of Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Glitter as the tips with one coat of top coat on top. I really like this blue color since it's bright and seems to glow, but when I put the purple glitter tips on top, I kind of started to feel that my nails belonged more on either Las Vegas' main strip or on Broadway with all the flashy-ness of it. It wasn't one of my better Frenches I admit, seemed like a good idea at the time, but now it's just 'what was I thinking?'.






For this funky French, I used China Glaze Heli-yum for the base color (3 coats), Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Black Out for the tips, Sinful Colors White for the dots, and a layer of top coat on top and between the Heli-yum and Black Out layers. I really liked this French very much since it was different from the ones that I've tried before. This was also my first tine using a dotting tool (the one that Fiona made herself) so I was happy that the dots came out looking good. I might try this one again sometime, but with a light blue or mint green color instead of a pink color. I showed these pics to my mom and she thought that this French was really cool looking. She also asked if it was hard to do. I told her it's not; it just looks hard.

I hope that you all like these Frenches and please comment!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!