Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I've Got the Blues for Autism Swatch Marathon Part 2

Hello!

This is Part 2 of the IGTBFASM that I am doing for April. This is the bright blue cremes!!


I'll do this one like I did the other one, keep it short and show the pictures with a little description under it.

First up is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away! (My bottle is old and almost gone so this will be lumpy!!)


BMA - 2 coats - flash


BMA - 2 coats - No flash

Next is Sally Hansen Insta Dry Brisk Blue. This stains your fingers/nails blue so watch out!


BB - 1 coat - flash


BB - 1 coat - No flash

I thought these first two were extremely similar after I swatched them, so I did a quick comparison:


Bet you can't tell I'm wearing two colors, huh? The only difference in my pictures is the finish because BMA is lumpy so it gives itself away, but of course if you have a nice bottle of this, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between these two! I call DUPE!!


BB on all fingers but middle which is BMA at 2 coats. No flash. DUPES!!

Next, going in order of bottle pic at the top, is Sinful Colors Fly Away.


This flash pic looks like an ombre mani!! There was some weird shadows going on here!
Sinful Fly Away - 3 coats - flash (pinkie is color accurate)


Sinful FA - 3 coats - No flash

Next is Sinful Colors Why Not. This was a one coater the first time I tried it but Amanda water marbled with it and now its a 2 coater, go figure!


Sinful WN - 2 coats - Flash


Sinful WN - 2 coats - No flash

Now, after swatching this one, I thought it was similar to Brisk Blue/Blue Me Away so I did another comparison with it:


From left to right: Why Not, BMA, BB, and WN. They're close but not dupes, WN is slightly darker.


WN, BMA, BB, WN with no flash.

Next is The Color Institute Bodacious Blue. I think this is from Khol's and I got this for my birthday a few years ago, so they probably don't make it anymore. This came in a "summer colors" set (I think) along with Singin' like a Canary, and Cowabunga, a very sheer shimmery light green.


This is old and lumpy as well so sorry for the janky swatch!!
Bodacious Blue - 2 coats - flash


Bodacious Blue - 2 coats - No flash (Hooooo weeee, these are both NASTY swatches, SORRY!!)
Yeah, this color is either being saved for the Zoya swap if they do it this year or being frankened.

Next is China Glaze Flyin High. I have a very hard time getting an accurate picture of this color. Its a dusty blue-teal that changes to more dark/green in different light. DUSTY being the key word.


China Glaze Flyin' High - 2 coats - Flash


FH - 2 coats - No flash

Well, I hope you enjoyed this and maybe found it helpful.

Hope you have a great day/night and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!