Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm A Thirteen-Year-Old Girl?

I live in New England, and so far this Spring, it's simply been an extension of winter. It was fine out yesterday for once, so in order to celebrate this small feat, I decided that I wanted to paint my nails a bright color that would remind me that Spring will eventually come to New England again sometime soon.




This is Sinful Colors Boom Boom. It is a fuchsia colored jelly polish that kind of reminds me of a lighter version of OPI's Do You Think I'm Tex-y? The reason it reminds me of this particular polish is because of the "sorbet"-like quality that it possess. This was three coats of polish with no top coat, and it probably could have used another coat on my middle, ring, and pinkie fingers since I still had VNL on those fingers. Other than that, I really do like this polish since it brightened up my mood a bit.


In the middle of the night, my nails must not have been fully dry yet so they took the form of my sheets. Once I got out of Organic Chemistry II this morning, I decided to add a coat of Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter on top. It was at this point I felt like I was channeling a thirteen-year-old middle school girl. Yep, that's what this manicure reminded me of. I think it was because of the layer of glitter that I put on top of Boom Boom that made me feel this way. That's probably why after Biochemistry I today I took this look off because I couldn't stand the middle school-ness of it. I should have just added a new coat of Boom Boom instead.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!