Friday, April 22, 2011

Showing the Earth some love!!

Hello!

Happy Earth Day (to our US readers... I don't know if you celebrate Earth Day in other countries as well...) I did a special mani for Earth Day today! I'm going to keep this quick because I have to head over to where our school's Science Society (which I am a member of) is having a plant sale in honor of today. I'm sure you guys don't really care all that much about my ramblings anyway... :)

Here's what I used:

China Glaze Shower Together, Nicole Iceberg Lotus, SH ID Jade Jump, SH XW Pacific Blue, Nicole One Time Lime, SH XW White On and Kiss Nail Art Paint in black

I started with two coats of Shower Together on all my fingers except my accent ring. I then sponged Iceberg Lotus onto those nails and then painted with the brush of IL, tips across my nails. Then I painted my accent nails with Jade Jump. After it dried, I painted on a circle with Pacific Blue just with the brush from the bottle (this was difficult... I wish I had some reinforcement stickers to use for this!!) After that dried, I used my dotting tool with One Time Lime to make some vague continent shapes. Then I used a Q-tip dipped in White On to dab on some clouds. I wasn't happy with how this looked, so I very carefully outlined the circle using the Kiss striper and went back over the continents with a brighter green (SH XW Green With Envy, not pictured) Then I finished with a coat of SV.

Here they are!




Detail of left Earth, sorry I didn't realize this was blurry!!


Right Earth, sorry blurry again, I was in a rush this morning! I actually like this one better!


Let me know what you guys think of these!

I gotta run now! Enjoy your Friday!!

Thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!