Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Head is Stuck in the Clouds

Well, it seems that the calender has been lying to me pretty much all month since it's really more November out than it is April. WTF weather, WTF? It's time for sunshine, harmless fluffy white clouds, and temps in the mid 60's to low 70's.

Speaking of harmless fluffy white clouds, that's what the theme of my fingernails and toenails were today. When Fiona had swatched Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue-Away, she had mentioned that she wished she could have done some clouds on her nails to make them look like the sky. I was bored Saturday night and decided to try and see if I could make clouds with an old paintbrush of mine that's seen many better days on my toes. Turns out that my paintbrush was the perfect cloud making tool!

For my finger nails, I used 2 coats of Blue-Away and then using my paintbrush, dabbed Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On on top of Blue-Away in order to make the clouds. This is what I ended up with:






This is the right hand with a coat of Seche Vite on top.



This is the left hand with a coat of Seche Vite on top.

People today thought that I had used some of those nail polish strips that you press onto your nail, so they were amazed when I told them I did it all myself.

For the pedicure I did Saturday night, I also used Blue-Away as the background and White On as the clouds, but I also used China Glaze Tree Hugger for some grass, and China Glaze Watermelon Rind and Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Haute Chocolate to make a tree on both of my big toes. I might try this on my nails next Saturday for our school's Earth Jam that they're holding in honor of Earth Day (and also Arbor Day since it's the day before). This is how my toe nails turned out:

WARNING: feet pics ahead! Turn away now if you fear/don't like feet!
 Right foot

Both feet together

Left foot

Well, I hope that you all like this and that I didn't creep you all out with my feet pics!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!