Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dorothy's Red Slippers

Most of the time I don't really like the Walmart that is in our town due to the fact that they don't really have much in the way of nail polish (and by that, I mean they never restock their shelves so they have next to nothing). But once in a while, I'll get lucky and I'll find a shade that I really want to get. Yesterday at Walmart, I found a Pure Ice polish that I really liked and knew I wanted to get (it also helped that it was the only one left on the shelf as well).




This is Pure Ice Crimson. It's a claret red shimmer that has a tiny hint of gold shimmer in the bottle, but on there isn't any. I believe that this is a dupe for the discontinued Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Endless Claret so I will have to do a comparison later to see if I'm right or not. This is a very lovely shade of red since it stands out, but it's not so in your face about it. I really enjoy this red since it's hard to find a good red due to the whole jaundice thing that happens with reds.




10 minutes later I got bored with it so I wanted to put some glitter on top to spice it up. Fiona suggested trying China Glaze's Ruby Pumps over Crimson. I did and it came out awesome. Ruby Pumps gave it a subtle amount of red glitter that punched up my nails. It reminded me of the shoes that Dorothy wears in 'The Wizard of Oz'. I will probably be wearing this manicure again in December for Christmas, but I might add a little something else to it to make it a little different from then. This combo also reminds me of a Maybeline Express that I used to have in high school called Red Comet which was a ruby red color with lots of very fine red glitter mixed into it. That one got thrown away somehow so unfortunately I can't compare the two to see if they are dupes or not. :(

So I hope you all liked today's polish choice and hope you all had a great weekend!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!