Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cute Spring Polka-Dots and a Question

Hello!

So this was the mani I had on for Thursday... yeah, my posts are a little backed up which is good since I've been wearing the same mani for 2 days now... I'll show it to you tomorrow. This was inspired by two mani's I've seen while randomly searching blogs and stuff. Here are the links to originals: This youtube tutorial and this blog post. I've been on a pastel kick lately so of course after seeing these, I wanted to try it for myself. I used the pastel colors that I have and the my favorite light blue (which is Amanda's, I need my own bottle of Blue-Away) I got a few compliments on this mani. My lab partner in Biology, grabbed my hand and asked me how I get my nails to look like that and I had to explain the concept of a dotting tool to her while she just looked at me blankly. And my friend later that day said she loved my nails and asked how I get them "in the perfect shape" which I have to disagree with, the shape of my nails is not pleasing me right now. But I explained routine filing, moisturizing, and my nail growth stuff. Getting compliments is always so nice, I would be lying if I didn't admit how much I love them, especially from random people... whenever I do a particularly intricate nail art design that took me forever, I will tap my nails in class and do everything I can to get people to notice them... they hardly ever do.

Anyway, I'm sorry about ranting. I can't help it. I'm a talker (usually) and I try to cut this down but just can't because everything is important.... haha! Maybe this is why we have only 10 followers and have been blogging for like 4 months now. I thought maybe it was the selection of our polishes, how we don't have any high end polishes or maybe the shape of either mine or Amanda's nails that people don't like. We do everything we can to be good bloggers but still we have like no followers and hardly anyone ever comments. We may just stop because honestly this is kind of discouraging... it makes us feel like no one likes us. We would love to have a giveaway eventually once we have enough followers but we've had 10 followers for a month now. I'm not complaining, I'm honestly not, and this post was not intended to a begging one... but please, if you read this, could you please let us know what we could do better to get more readers? I feel bad about doing this but Amanda and I have seriously questioned why we are doing this and thought about stopping our blog. Even if you just leave a comment saying "pretty color" or "nice post" or even "hi" "this was okay" or "this sucked" WE WANT TO KNOW!! I try to comment on lots of blogs and read and comment on blogs daily. I've even missed classes because of the amount of time I spend reading blogs and trying to comment on each one. This is sounding more and more pathetic as I go back and read this so I'll stop. I think I've made my point.

Alright, so here's the nails...


Index to pinkie: Wet n' Wild Tickled Pink, SH ID Jade Jump, SH XW Lacey Lilac and SH ID Blue-Away all dotted with Sinful Snow Me White and my dotting tool. Topped with 2 coats of SH Insta Dry top coat, to smooth out the bumpiness of the dots. Thumb is Blue-Away as well.


Then I tried some posing and the apple didn't look so good because it was too big and oddly shaped... but I liked the contrast of the colors.



And then I got out my inhaler (yes, I have asthma) and decided it made a good prop and was funny too!


Well I hope you liked them. What kind of colors are you really into for spring?

Hope you have a great day/night and thanks for looking!

Fiona

1 comment:

  1. Hiya would you like to join our blog round up? Basically every friday we all post the same post with links to everyone elses blog. It might help you get some followers. I found the best way to get followers was to comment on other blogs.
    Stacie @Kawaii Nail Art
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!