Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Geek In the Pink

The title of today's post is a line from "Geek In the Pink" by Bruno Mars. I kept hearing it in American Eagle last weekend and ended up listening to it when I got home. It's a pretty catchy tune, and it fits with the color polish choice of today's post: pink! 

So Fiona and I ended up going to our town's Rite Aid on Monday. I had forgotten to buy eggs while I was at Walmart this past weekend and I needed some in order to bake brownies tonight, so we went to Rite Aid to get some. Of course while we were there we checked to see if they might have finally put out some more nail polishes. And for once, they did! The had a display of the new Sally Hansen Inta-Dri nail polishes that are in pastel colors for spring. They had a mint green that Fiona bought (she's already swatched it and compared it to the two other mint green colors that we have between the two of us) and I bought the last bottle of a pretty light blue and a very light, soft pink.




This is Pink Blink. It's a very light pink colored polish. It's just the perfect shade of light pink that makes it absolutely the perfect shade of girlie light pink that it made me want to cry. Like other pastels, it did streak a bit (a layer of top coat fixed that problem right up thought), and since I sometimes can't control the brush on the insta-dri nail polishes, I had a couple bald spots down near my cuticles. This was two coats with top coat (except for my thumb which was three). It does dry fast so that's a good thing.


I then got a little bored with it after a few hours, so I decided to do a diagonal French with Sinful Colors Boom Boom which is a bright fuchsia pink. It went on smoothly and turned out like the above photo.


And then because I couldn't leave it alone, I ended up putting Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter on top as well which is pretty much Nail Junkie's pink twin sister. At this point, my manicure was screaming "GIRLIE!" at me and the world. I really liked it, but I wasn't sure if it was a little too Barbie doll looking or not. I wore this manicure to Biological Science II lab and it lasted the whole time until my left pinkie finger chipped and then peeled the rest off in a fit of rage. But it did look really cool while it lasted!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!