Thursday, March 3, 2011

Polish Swatches and Apple Juice

Yep, I know, I haven't posted in a few days. That's because I've been sick since Monday, and I might possibly have the flu. At least I got my flu shot in September so my flu isn't all that bad, but it's still a pain in the butt.

Fiona and I ended up going to Rite Aid yesterday after we got out of our Biological Science II class (that I dragged myself to despite the fact I should have remained in bed). Fiona wanted nail polish and I wanted to get apple juice to drink to help get rid of whatever the hell I have. Whenever I get sick, I always want to drink only apple juice and hot tea. Since I didn't have apple juice, I had to go buy some instead of continuing to steal some from the dining hall (did I say steal, I meant.. no I guess that's what I meant. There's no other way to put it really). I have to say I was quite pitiful in the drugstore since I was standing there at the checkout counter in my hiking boots, dark blue sweatpants, and my dark blue wool coat HUGGING a large bottle of apple juice to me as if it was a baby. Yep, pretty pitiful, but hey, I felt like crap and that bottle of apple juice was the best thing in the world to me at that moment; I finally had apple juice! I ended buying nail polish also since I found the hidden stash of Wet n Wild nail polishes that were only $.99. At that price of course I had to get a few, they're freaking $.99!

So today I have a few swatches to show that I've done over the last few days since I felt the need to keep painting my nails despite the fact at times I feel like I can't even lift my arms (yep, another sign I might have the flu, fatigue!).


Here's Wet n Wild Fast Dry Sage in the City. 3 coats to get to this point. It's a good green, but the base coat I used under it made the polish go on funky. If I hadn't put base coat on it would have been fine.


This is Sally Hansen Xtreme Hard as Nails Flirt. It's a pretty deep purple wine color. Its got subtle red shimmer in the polish. This was 2 coats.


I thought this was a cute little bottle of nude polish. This is Wet n Wild Megalast Sugar Coat. It had the cutest little brush that spread over the whole nail. The catch over this nice looking shade? It was 7-8 freaking coats! I lost count after I had to put a seventh coat on, it wouldn't go opaque! And it was streaky! It might look nice, but not for that many coats!


This is one of the ones I got yesterday. It's Wet n Wild Wild Shine Eggplant Frost. It's such a pretty purple. It's almost more of a creme with a bit of blue shimmer. It took only three coats to get it to my desired opaqueness. Very lovely shade, the pic almost does it justice.


I then turned Eggplant Frost into a funky French by adding Sally Hansen Celeb City tips. It's a very cool color combo.

So that's it for today. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go drink some of that apple juice that I bought.

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!