Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sapphire In the Ocean

So, ever since I've gotten my hands on Sinful Colors Green Ocean, I've been meaning to layer this over a polish that I have. I had tried to do it over Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver, but it just didn't look right so I ended up taking it off. Fiona had told me that Green Ocean is supposed to look amazing over black nail polish, and I've seen pictures of this that proved that point. I also seen her put it over OPI A Grape Fit! and it looked pretty cool also. So I thought 'what about putting it over a blue or a dark purple/blue polish?'. That's when I though of using OPI Sapphire In the Snow.




This is two coats of OPI Sapphire In the Snow with two coats of Sinful Colors Green Ocean and a layer of top coat on top. I love how this came out. While Green Ocean looks amazing on top of black polish, I like it better over this ultramarine colored polish better. The way the flakies change colors from green to teal to aqua to blue to indigo to violet is just absolutely beautiful. It really does remind me of precious gemstones under a shallow amount of water with the sun beating down on them. Just the way the light plays and interacts with the flakies on my nails makes me keep looking at them because I like them so much!


And this is just the nails themselves close up. This is just soo pretty. This will be one of those manicures that I just can't bring myself to take off because I love it so much.

So if you're wondering if it's a good idea to put Green Ocean over dark purple/blue polish, I'd say hell yeah! It looks so amazing and it's a switch up from the traditional black polish base. I hope you all like this as much as I do!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!