Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Nails!

Hello!

This was meant to be posted yesterday but I had such a lazy day yesterday that I never got around to it. Oh well, I am on vacation after all (its Spring Break, wooo hooo!) So these were my nails yesterday and my nails today will be posted tomorrow (maybe)

For these nails I used some pretty almost pastel spring colors for the first day of spring that was yesterday. The part that was not so awesome was that it snowed all day yesterday! I love snow but really, its time for it to stop! That's New England for you... *sigh* so no sunlight pictures. Plus its cloudy today so it'll be crappy indoor pictures for my next post as well. I hope the sun comes back soon and melts some of this damn snow- we got 4 inches yesterday!!

This mani used 3 coats of Essie Turquoise and Caicos and 2 coats of OPI A Grape Fit! both colors I have already posted and reviewed on here so I don't need to again. I alternated the colors on my nails and added polka dots in the opposite color using my homemade dotting tool (a round pin stuck into the eraser of a pencil). I thought it came out really well except for the sheerness of the Essie and some dots smudged a little with the top coat.

These pictures are with flash in indoor lighting with top coat.



Please excuse the fluff on my middle nail in this one, no idea it was there until I uploaded these but I like the angle so it stays!


See, now that's better, it must've gotten blown away between these two pictures...



I really like how my left thumb came out but it smudged!


And now for some more guest nails. I'll continue posting my mom's nails unless I get comments telling me not to... haha, but I like how these came out!

These nails were inspired by the amazing Robin Moses's video here. If you don't know who she is you should check out her blog and her youtube channel because she's the BEST nail artist IMO and I would love to have my nails done by her someday (WARNING: watching her videos is extremely addicting IMO so you've been warned! You'll want to watch them all once you see just one!! Or maybe that's just me and my addictive personality...). Anyway, I saw this video and showed my mom because the design and colors reminded me of her and she liked it a lot too so I decided to give it a try. Mine are in no way as amazing as hers are (I'm insanely jealous of her skills!!) but I watched the video at least 4 times to try to get the flower technique down... the heart shaped petals which you'll see her do in the video looked too hard so I just did regular petals. I used similar colors to what she used, substituting orange in for the yellow centers because my mom HATES yellow (so do I for that matter) but the other colors I just so happened to have in the small stash I brought home with me! I'm pretty proud of how these came out and my mom absolutely loves them and says they're second favorite ones I've done (her favorite was the palm trees).

I did these by using the striping brush from my Kiss nail paint in white cleaned off with acetone in between each color and my dotting tool for the centers. Using the striper was very hard to manuver to make the tiny petals but I don't have any other brushes (I need some!) so I did the best I could. These are kinda messy because doing them on the couch is hard... but this is day 2 of this mani on her so they look a little better than they did before!

I used 2 coats of OPI OPI Ink as the base, Essie Turquoise and Caicos, OPI A Grape Fit! and Sinful Cream Pink for the flowers, and SH XW Sun Kissed as the orange centers. No base with a coat of SH Insta-Dry top coat (Red bottle) Pictures are indoor lighting with flash.


Her thumbs, her favorite is the one on the right...

Haha!! Please excuse the cat fur on the bottom, he was walking by as this was taken but this was the only non blurry one... 



Mr. Synyster was being very intrusive while I was taking pictures of her nails so he insisted on having his picture taken too! "The light! The light, its so bright! But look how cute I am!"


Haaaaaaaaaaahhaaa!! I love this! Funny bonus picture! It looks like she's squeezing his head really hard but she's not! This is what he gets for being annoying while we're trying to take pictures! And there he is sitting on the couch on the pile of newspaper as usual... he looooves newspaper for sleeping on!


Hope you have a great day/night and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!