Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bows, Meh Polish, and Glitter Bomb (Kind of Pic Heavy)

So my plans for today fell through, but it wasn't a complete loss, I ended up buying this today...




Yep, I bought a brand new bow. I needed a new bow anyway since my old one was starting to become a bit dangerous in the way it let my arrows go. The limbs would wobble a lot when I drew back and let go of the string, resulting in my arrow fishtailing it's way down to the targets. In other words, a very bad thing. The photo that I found on Google is the junior version and is a right handed bow, I bought the adult version at 25lbs that's left handed. I am right handed, but I'm left eye dominant so I shoot left handed in archery.

So anyway, I have two polish swatches to show you today: Sinful Colors Mint Apple and Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Glitter.


This is Sinful Colors Mint Apple. It's a mint green color that has gold and mint green shimmer to it. This is three coats of polish with Insta-Dri top coat. I could still kind of see VNL after the third coat, but I didn't want to add a fourth coat. The first coat dried fast, but the second and third coats took a longer time to dry. It was a bit annoying really since I needed to do stuff at the time. I myself like this color, but my mom took a look at it and told me "it's okay... nothing special". Fiona even told me that this color was meh. I like it, but I should have tried some funky French tips with this instead. It would have made the polish more likable all around I feel. Maybe I'll try it with a water marble sometime in the future. It kind of is a meh polish when you wear it alone.


This is One Less Lonely Glitter in the Justin Bieber collection for Nicole by OPI. The photos above show four coats of polish plus top coat. I could have done just three, but I wanted to make sure it was very glittery. I had seen a lot of swatches of this polish on various blogs, and I knew that I needed to buy this polish. And oh, what a polish it is! This polish is a light purple/amethyst/lilac colored glitter polish depending on what light you're in. It has small fine purple glitter and larger round pieces of purple glitter in the polish. It went on really nicely, and each coat dried very quickly. I only had to wait 3-4 minutes for each coat to dry. It was a little bit gritty with the first two coats, but the last two made it not as gritty. A coat of top coat took away the rest of the grittiness. And when I went outside today, this polish became blinding because it was shining like crazy. It becomes an awesome glitter bomb! I kept getting compliments from people today on my polish, they liked it that much! Why Bieber, why are you making such ha bisky nail polish when I can't stand your guts!?

Also today after I bought my new bow, my dad took me to the shooting range to shoot my new bow. Below are a couple of pics he took while I was drawing my bow back.


If you look really close in the top pic, you can see that I have on One Less Lonely Glitter on the hand that is gripping the riser (the technical term for the handle of the bow). Cool thing is is that my polish matched the color of my arrows which are purple!

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!