Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green Wed. #3- Comparison

Hello!

Today's Green Wednesday, I have a comparison of a new Sally Hansen Insta-Dry shade that I snatched up at Rite Aid, for you. I found this with a new (?) display of spring-y looking pastels (!!!! Love!!) Amanda got 2 and I got this one, Jade Jump. The name is funny to me because its obviously recycled from their older shade called Jumpin' Jade which I also have. Jumpin' Jade is a deep emerald shimmer while Jade Jump is a pale almost minty green, more of what I think of when I think of jade. Are they really that lacking in creativity down at the Sally Hansen factory that they need to recycle a name from a completely different shade? Its sad to me.

Anyway, this is a very nice polish with quite a pigmented formula for a pastel. It has the usual pastel streakiness issues but this one levels itself out pretty well. I used 2 or 3 coats of this, 3 on some nails that had some bald spots. 




After I got this on, I thought it looked familiar so I did a comparison (the first comparison on this blog so far!!) with two similar colors.


SH ID Jade Jump, Essie Turquoise and Caicos and Nicole by OPI My Lifesaver

They looked pretty similar to me, maybe not so much in the bottles but on they did. Here you can see without flash how different the other 2 are from Jade Jump.


I thought I'd compare them anyway. :)


With the flash on, they look pretty similar to me! L-R is JJ, T&C, ML, and JJ. Pictured is 2 coats of JJ, 4 coats of T&C and 2 coats of ML.


Here you can see that with the flash off and in indoor lighting, they are pretty different.


And then in desk lamp lighting, the differences and similarities are apparent.


Sorry for the grainy photos but these are the most accurate.


Here's T&C and My Lifesaver:


So what have we learned? No dupes here! Neither are even that close to Jade Jump; they're different shades of aqua while JJ is clearly green. T&C and ML are very similar but My Lifesaver not only has the better formula but its starker and cleaner looking than T&C. The finishes are also different. T&C is more of a jelly while ML is clearly a creme. So, if you own My Lifesaver, I don't think you need T&C and vice versa. These two are different enough from Jade Jump to justify getting it as well IMO.

I hope this was helpful to some of you. What do you think of Jade Jump? How did I do on my first comparison?

Hope you have a great day/night and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!