Yay, I am very excited that we got our first ever award!! We have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by the lovely ...Aimee'sNails...! Thanks so much!!
So now I have to tell you guys 10 facts about me. I'm not sure how this is going to work but I think since I got the tag and am posting this, I'll do my facts and if Amanda decides to do hers later, she'll post that later. :)
I've seen other bloggers post pictures with this award so I don't know if pictures are a part of rule or not, but I will post a few pictures... :)
So, 10 facts about me:
- I was born in Virginia and lived there until I was 8 when we decided to move up to New Hampshire which is where I currently live.
- I have a younger brother named Cullen who is 15 and will be 16 in July (he's 6 feet tall!) and a younger sister named Rowenna who is 13.
This was this past Christmas, Rowenna loves this picture!
3. Before I knew anything about nail polish or the term frankening, I used to mix my own colors all the time on my side table in my room.
Yeah, thats a skull... and testing out my dotting tool and glitter striper!
4. I have very, very sensitive skin, like a baby's. I have allergic reactions to many different kinds of soaps and shampoos and can only use certain ones. I read the ingredients on every product now, and try to use products with 10 or fewer ingredients. I even have a reaction to ethanol! I also have eczema patches, and some in the corners of my eyes, which is very sensitive. As a result, I can't wear any makeup.
5. I am very interested in medicine; learning about the human body. My mom is a nurse and I read her entire medical encyclopedia from nursing school when I was 12. My high school Anatomy and Physiology class, where we dissected a cat, was the highlight of my high school career! I want to go to medical school someday and study infectious diseases.
6. In high school, I dissected a cat, 2 frogs, a clam, a fish, an earthworm, a grasshopper and a starfish.
7. I don't eat red meat, fish or eggs. Partly because I believe very strongly in animal rights and partly because I don't like the taste of red meat or fish, and eggs freak me out. I don't like their texture.
8. I have never broken a bone but have had my tonsils removed due to having strep throat 10 times in a row when I was 6, scarlet fever, pneumonia and sinus surgery.
9. I have very thick, unmanageable hair. Its also pretty long now, so it requires a lot of maintenance. It also pretty damaged since I have been dying it since I was about 11. Its been every color, some a couple of times. My natural hair texture is very voluminous, frizzy, and wavy/curly.
Pretty curly, but not as big as it actually is...
10. I also hoard books as well as polish... I have so many that I haven't even read yet... its pretty sad. I'll buy a book just to have it, especially new releases.
My bookshelf... thats not even all of them either. I've outgrown this shelf...
Now I have to tag 10 other deserving bloggers for this award. I tag:
- Whitney at Elemental Styles
- Jessica's Nail Art
- Annelise at No Naked Nails!
- Polish, Puttering and Ponderings
- Kawaii Nail Art
- Jen, the PolishAholic
- The Nail Buff
- alizarine claws
I'll probably post tonight with all the manis I've been doing with my new Zoyas!! If not, then tomorrow!
I hope you all are enjoying your Saturdays! Thanks for looking!