Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Give In

Hey all!

Yeah, about the lack of post in the past week... blame in on the lab reports. Last week I had to write five different lab reports: one for the Biological Science class Fiona and I have, and then the other four for for my Organic Chemistry class. I honestly don't mind writing lab reports, Chemistry ones are pretty easy since you're pretty much just spitting back out what you were told and then trying to write an introduction to it. Biology lab reports however suck big time. The discussion we had to write had to be 3-4 pages double spaced alone. It's hard enough trying to get enthusiastic about bugs as it is, but having to try and write 3-4 pages about them? That was painful.

But anyway, I have pictures of the manis I did last week (it was the only thing that was keeping me sane at that point...). And since it's Pink Wednesday, I do have a pink mani in here as well. So I give in to the Pink Wednesday. So here we go!




Zoya Kelly. Very pretty dark purple-grey color that I love. It went on smoothly with only two coats needed and was one of my less messy manis I've done (yay!). This will be a perfect color for the fall. I think the name's funny only because my first roommate here at college's name was Kelly. So Kelly, if you're reading this, these photos are for you!







Zoya Areej. Dark magenta color that at times appears to be slightly dusty in color. This was also a two coater that went on smooth and dried in a good time frame. I decided for Mother's Day to do some flowers and used Sally Hansen White On for the flower petals and Sally Hansen Black Out and Zoya Phoebe for the flower centers. I showed this to my mom the next morning and she thought they were amazing, then asked me how I had the patience to do all of that.




Zoya Malia. Medium purple creme color that went on smooth in two coats. Love this color a lot. I decided to try some multi-colored dots on the tips of my nails because i thought that it would look interesting. For the dots, I used Zoya Kieko and Areej, China Glaze For Audrey, and a drop of Fiona's Color Institute Singin' Like a Canary mixed in with Sally Hansen White on to get a cream color. I like how it came out; it reminded me of those Dippin' Dots.

And I know that our blog was given the Kreativ Blogger Award and that Fiona picked other bloggers for the award and listed 10 things about herself. I didn't get a chance to do my 10 things so here are mine:

1. I used to paint a lot when I was a little kid. I had quite a large acrylic paint collection because I was always painting something. 
2. I was born in Massachusetts, but I've live in the Seacoast area of New Hampshire my entire life.
3. I'm an only child. All my friends have siblings so they find it different when I tell them I'm an only child.
4. I have a 4 1/2 inch scar on my back.

That scar is from two surgeries that were done on my spine when I was 7 and 8 (in the span of 9 months) to remove a tumor that was eating away at my vertebra. It's always a permanent reminder of what I've been through and how far I've come since then. It also reminds me that things could have been a lot worse and that I should be grateful for being well and healthy today.
5. I've worn glasses ever since I was one-years-old. I don't mind then since they're a part of me. I can't really get contacts because of my eye problems, but even if I could I wouldn't since I can't imagine myself not wearing them.
6. I'm a avid reader. If you saw the picture Fiona had of her bookshelf, that's pretty much me as well. I have three bookshelves going in my room, and will probably need a fourth one by next year.
7. I love archery. My dad got me into it when I was 14 and I've done it ever since.
That was my old bow. It got retired two months ago for my new one that I'm currently using. And yes I shoot purple arrows!
Picture of an arrow (not mine!) that got logged into the wood. I put that paper plate there to show were it was so no one walked into it and lost an eye.
8. I am studying Biotechnology in school. I'm more into the cellular and molecular aspect of Biology, and I hope to work in a hospital someday or doing biomedical research.
9. I play guitar. I used to play a lot in high school and I always had my nails very short in order to play. That's also why I didn't wear nail polish all that much during high school since it always chipped while playing. I haven't played much in college because I don't want to cut my nails down to nubs.
10. I like to cook and bake. This year I baked quite a lot of things in our dorm's kitchen. I don't like cooking or baking in the dorm since I have to go down four floors to get to the kitchen and I can become quite lazy at times.

So I hope you are all enjoying your day and I'll see ya all later!

-A

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, I've tagged you in a challenge post! http://kiwiwithcrazynails.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-love-challenge.html
    would love to see what you come up with! good luck :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!