Monday, February 21, 2011

Water Marbling

So I spent most of my Saturday night doing laundry and looking at posts from Chloe's Nails (click the link in the blogs we love area to the right to go there). Well I came across her water marbling tutorial and saw how wicked awesome her nails looked afterwards (you can find the tutorial on her blog page). I thought it looked like a cool thing to try and it didn't look too complicated to do, so I spent my Sunday afternoon gathering my supplies and carrying out the process.

For this water marbling, I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Haute Chocolate (a new color I got at Walmart just b/c I didn't have a brown), Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Celeb City, and OPI Nail Lacquer Catch Me in Your Net. I had liked the way Catch Me in Your Net looked next to Haute Chocolate, and Celeb city seemed to complete the look.

For my base color, I used 2 coats of Celeb City since it was the lightest of the three. After my base was dry, I followed the directions that were in Chloe's Nails water marbling tutorial. I thought for sure that my first try at this was going to suck, but I was pleasantly surprised with the way it came out. Haute Chocolate kind of came out looking like a burgundy, but other than that I really like it.

This is the base coat with 2 coats

This is my finished right hand

This is my finished left hand

Pretty cool lookin' huh?

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!