Tuesday, February 15, 2011

NOTD: Mint Junkie

Hello!!

I managed to keep the conversation heart mani on for at least 12 hours before it came off yesterday afternoon. Then I put on Sinful's Forget Now but didn't get any pictures because my camera died. Forget Now is a possible dupe for China Glaze Ahoy! from the new Anchors Away collection from the swatches I've seen of it. Its a hot magenta with a strong gold shimmer; very pretty. But I made the decision that since not many people (read: no one) is reading our blog now and since that is a very stunning polish that I will definitely wear again once I get my own bottle of it (I used Amanda's yesterday) I will swatch it later and see if someone can tell me if it is indeed a dupe for the CG I want.

Today I have a swatch of Sally Hansen Insta Dry Mint Sprint which Amanda was so kind to pick up for me on her second trip to the local Rite Aid (they were having a sale!!) I have been lemming (lusting after) this color since I saw a swatch of it on someone's blog (I don't remember who's) hoping that it would all that I had hoped Sinful's Rise and Shine would be (which was a huge disappointment - I will swatch eventually) and it was!! AND SO MUCH MORE! Not only is it a gorgeous, yummy teal creme but it went on perfectly in ONE COAT!! No, that's not a typo, it was one coat!! :D And I am happy to report I am finally getting the hang of the Insta Dry wide brushes which I previously hated. I can now can an almost perfect mani with it with no cleanup! This swatch for example is without cleanup! I was so proud of myself! :) I am by no means a pro or even any good at painting my nails but practice is slowly but surely making perfect.

Okay, enough blabbing. Here's the swatch WITH ONE COAT!


I edited this to make the color more accurate so please excuse my slightly jaundiced skin :)
And I swear that there is no VNL (visible nail line) IRL (in real life).


This is more color accurate. Taken without flash and in artificial light. One coat, no base coat or top coat.

And here is my NOTD (nails of the day). One coat of Mint Sprint with one coat of Sinfuls Nail Junkie layered on top and my regular top coat. I LOVE this combination, it's so glittery! Nail Junkie is (again) Amanda's polish. The funny thing is that I have more than her but for some reason tend to use hers more... :P Now time for some picture SPAM!! I tried to capture the glittery goodness of the Nail Junkie but it was quite difficult. Please also excuse the awkward poses. My left pinkie joint is stiffer than the others for some reason and it refuses to pose nicely with my other fingers. I'm deformed, what can I say.



In natural light, The winter sun decided to come out today! Still NO VNL IRL!! Grrrrrr!


Craptastic artificial light.


Please excuse the messy cuticles and skin and my STUPID PINKIE!!



Messy!! And wierd pose to show my thumb and other fingers...


I hope you have a great day and thanks for looking!!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!