Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NOTD: Funky Lilac Dots

Hello!

Today is shaping up to be an awful day. I overslept and missed my first class and almost slept through my second class as well. Then, I have a Chemistry exam tonight at 6. :( Why me? So I needed something on my nails that will make me happy! Purple is my favorite color and I love polka dot manis so I decided to do a purple polka dot look for today! I know Amanda already swatched OPI's Funky Dunkey but I hadn't had a chance to try it yet so I used it for my base color. This was my first time using an OPI polish and I must say that if they weren't so expensive OR if I had a job and wasn't a broke ass college kid, I would be hauling OPI like there was no tomorrow! I love, love, love the formula and the brush is amazing! Maybe its just this particular one but it did go on kinda streaky but it leveled itself out perfectly and dried to a glossy shine! It was darker than I had expected at 3 coats (I really want a medium purple creme...) so I decorated it with SH XW's Lacey Lilac (yes, that one again) because I love it so much. I used my homemade dotting tool to make the dots. Then I wanted glitter so I used one coat of Pure Ice Cheatin' which is an amazing purple, pink and blue fine glitter in a clear base. Then I topped it with my usual top coat and I love the results! It makes me smile everytime I look at my nails. :)

Bottle pic:

My mani. 3 coats of Funky Dunkey, LL dots, 1 coat of Cheatin', and top coat, no base coat. Artificial lighting with flash:


Please excuse lobster hands and tip wear (I guess the OPI doesn't wear so well because this mani is only 10 hours old)


Closeup of pinkie:


Hope you have a great day (better than mine anyway) and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!