Monday, February 21, 2011

Lilac Leopard

Hello!

As for my current nails, I like them a lot but I am too lazy right now to clean them up to picture-taking standards. They look just fine from a distance. I have on (right now) 2 coats of SH XW Lacey Lilac which I love but it doesn't so great with my zombie pale skin tone, one coat of Pure Ice Beware (a fine, silver glitter which smells awful!) and one coat of Pure Ice Cheatin' (a purple, blue and pink, fine glitter.) Its a glitter BOMB and frankly I'm a little scared to remove it! :) I may have to try out the foil method...

These are some pictures of an old mani I did about 2 weeks ago. I got inspiration from Wah Nails for it. I got a lot of compliments on this as well from random strangers. I was pretty happy with how it came out but I think I still need to work on the roundness of my leopard spots. Painting them with the Kiss striper is surprisingly difficult to do. :)

For this I used (I think) 2 coats of SH XW Lacey Lilac (its kinda streaky on the first coat but the second evens it out well. I think the brush on my bottle is a little messed up too which adds to the streakiness since the brushes on all the other XWs I have are fine.) Then I made the "blobs" with SH XW Blue Me Away! which is a nice vibrant blue but my bottle is old and thick and needs thinner so I never do full manis with it anymore - its for art and frankening! :) Then I outlined the spots with the help from various tutorial videos on youtube (Robin Moses is the best - look her up!) and finished with my SH top coat.



The top coat smudged it a little. Such is my life. :(


This was also when I just broken my ring finger nail and it looks so sad and short next to the others. :(

I just broke my left thumb nail this morning as well so more thumb pics for a while.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for looking! :)

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!