Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pedicure and Blue Franken

Hello!

I had said on my bubble NOTD post about how much I loved Sinful's Love Nails, metallic turquoise, and how it was my pedicure. Well here are some pedi pictures... this is not really a POTD or a POTW... more like a Pedi of the ... whenever I get sick of it... a month or two maybe? :P I know how some people don't like feet so I will post smaller pics and put a disclaimer.

WARNING: FEET/TOE PICTURES BELOW!


My pedi! My left big toe is smaller/skinny because I had an ingrown toenail in it and had to have part of it removed. Lesson learned: DO NOT CUT YOUR TOENAILS ROUNDED! My toes are also just kinda weird in general (thanks mom, I have my mom's feet) so sorry, if I grossed you out. I just wanted to show the pretty pedi color that is Love Nails and how much it shines in sunlight!


With flash in crappy lighting. Metallic-y goodness!! Its so bright it even shines through my socks!! Haha! :P


Its even more apparent IRL!! Oh and bottle pic of Love Nails.


Please ignore my schedule in the background...


Anyway, on my mani! This is a medium blue jelly franken that I am VERY proud of (I think its gorgeous!!) that I'm gonna call "Blueberry Blast!" This reminds me of swatches I've seen of a (or several, not sure) Nfu Oh Blue Jelly (IDK which #) 
I made it using half a bottle of old top coat that I got for Christmas or my birthday a few years ago, a brand from Khol's called "The Color Institute." It was a crappy top coat (it smeared art, took FOREVER and a half to dry, and was still dentable the next day) so I used it to thin out my chunky bottle of Sinful's Cream Pink (since I don't have thinner...) and also to thin my other franken. Thus, I was left with half the bottle. So added liberal amounts of SH XW Pacific Blue and an amazing navy creme I got at the department store Fashion Bug called Dark Denim and a few drops of SH XW Blue Me Away! for brightness. I LOVE the outcome! It's very sheer and the brush is HORRIBLE but its worth it. Here's what I used:


(L to R) Dark Denim, Franken, Pacific Blue, Blue Me Away!


All pics below are 4 coats with no base coat, and my usual top coat.


True color in crappy artificial lighting with flash.


Sunlight! *sighs*


I can seriously see my reflection in my nails!!



Yes, I HAD to add 4 sunlight photos! Haha, I love it that much!

Hope you have/had a great day and thanks for looking!

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!