Saturday, June 4, 2011

Why I Don't Need the OPI Pirates Collection

Hello!

Happy Saturday! This post is about a discovery I made at Wal-Mart on Thursday... its... Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil!!!


They've been sold out from the 2 Walgreens' that I've visited, but when I was in Wal-Mart on Thursday, there was a brand new SH display, with the nail strips with the patterns (I can't think of what they're called...) the Crackles and the XWs. The Crackles were $6.24 each which is a little less expensive than Walgreens where they were either $6.99 or $7.99, I can't remember. I wanted to get Vintage Violet as well but since I am flat broke, I haven't found a job yet and have spent all my birthday money, I'm now relying on my parents for money like a 10 year old. :P So, my mom only let me get one, so of course I picked Fractured Foil. I soon as we got out to the car, I immediately put in on over my current mani, OPI Ink, and love love loved it! It crackles much better than the Fuchsia Shock does. :) After some experimenting, I found that this crackles the best over tacky polish in thin coats. And then when we got home, I put on alternating Orly Gumdrop and OPI A Grape Fit! which Amanda tested against Planks A Lot, and they looked very dupey to me.


I need to clean off my AGF! bottle... and I should shook them both before taking a photo... whooops. Anyway, I'd read in a few people's post about the Pirates collection, that Essie Turquoise and Caicos was dupey to Mermaid's Tears, but not dusty. This is okay with me, since I prefer bright over dusty. I would have used T&C, but I HATE how sheer it is since its sort of a jelly, so Gumdrop seemed very similar to me... I'll do a comparison if anyone's interested... and it covers pretty well in 1 coat, but I use 2. I'm sorry that I didn't get a picture of my nails before the silver... It was kinda messy and I hate wasting my Konading acetone for cleanup. :P


Please ignore my index finger. I've been having issues with rough and peeling skin there and have been moisturizing, even though its pretty warm and humid out. I also recently broke that nail and the polish peeled off when I broke the nail. I've been having BAD SV peeling issues. This was on the first day of the mani that I broke the nail, so I just redid just that nail that night because I loved this so much, I wanted to wear it for more than one day. So the rest of my nails are after 2 days of wear and they look pretty good except for a small chip on my middle nail. I don't know how some people can wear polish for more than one day with it still looking good. I've never been able to keep my mani looking good for more than 24 hours. I don't understand this!!


I think this looks similar, if not exactly like Mermaid's Tears, Planks A Lot and Silver Shatter, and those 3 colors are the only ones I was interested in, except now I find myself wanting Stranger Tides because I have nothing like it in my collection. I am very happy with how this came out and I feel like I'm wearing the Pirates collection! I keep repeating to myself You do not need the Pirates collection, you do not need the Pirates collection... I think it may work since OPI is mostly unavailable to me unless I order it online. Although I recently discovered that its sold at the JCPenny salon and they had 2 from the Katy Perry collection on sale for $4.25. Maybe, eventually, the Pirates collection will go on sale there and I can pick up the actual Silver Shatter and Stranger Tides for cheap. Otherwise, the OPIs there are $9 and they do have some of the newer collections. They did have a Pirates display but all the Silver Shatter was gone. They also, surprisingly enough, had Black Shatter and the Texas collection but like I said, I'm broke. No OPI for me.

Here's a few more pictures of this,




Sorry for the ugly chip...


I loved the look of it with Gumdrop so much, I put it on my toes...


As always, I don't suggest clicking to enlarge the pedi picture. Its really messy and painted over hot pink with glitter... this:


Sinful Pink with WnW Kaleidoscope, not sure why it looks orange here...

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this and suggest to everyone to check their Wal-Mart for the Fractured Foil. It won't disappoint!!!

Have a great day/night and thanks for looking!!

P.S. I hope you guys aren't sick of crackle yet because I have a lot more combinations I want to try with this one... *evil grin*

Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! It really means a lot to us and we cherish each one. We read and will try to respond each and every one. Please feel free to ask questions (we don't bite!) but please no spamming. Thank you!